Crossword puzzle "Jobs and occupations"
Кроссворд по теме "Профессии и занятия" предназначен для уроков английского языка в средней и старшей школе.
В основу кроссворда легла лексика из первого раздела учебника Афанасьевой, Михеевой для 8 класса школ с углублённым изучением английского языка
и из учебника "Messages 4".
Задание к кроссворду дано в виде определений, которые Вы можете заменить переводом с русского языка.
Аналогичный кроссворд для разгадывания онлайн размещён на сайте http://time4crosswords.webtm.ru
Если Вы ищете небольшой кроссворд по теме "профессии" (для 5-6 классов), он находится здесь: Jobs 2.
Вы можете составить свой кроссворд в зависимости от уровня Ваших учеников, воспользовавшись программами для составления кроссвордов. Подробнее о двух таких программах: EclipseCrossword, Hot Potatoes.
1. a person whose job is to do scientific research
2. a person whose job is to repair and build houses
3. a person who swims under water, especially as their job
4. a person who performs in plays and films
5. a person who is in charge of making a film or programme, or getting a play ready for performance, by telling the actors and technical staff what to do
6. a person whose job is to arrange and sell flowers
7. (two words) a female flight attendant, whose job is to look after passengers in a plane
8. a person whose job is to save swimmers who are in danger
10. a person whose job is to collect and write news stories for newspapers, magazines, radio or television
14. a person who paints pictures or makes sculptures
16. a person whose job is to sell fruit and vegetables in a shop
17. a person whose job is to repair cars or other machines
20. a person who takes photographs, especially as their job
22. a person whose job is to examine and treat people's teeth
23. a person whose job is to paint houses and put paper on the walls
25. a person whose job is to help students to learn something in a school, college, university, etc.
28. a person whose job is to build walls using bricks
29. the main male servant in a large house whose job is to organize other servants
30. a person who makes women's clothes, especially as their job
33. a person who cuts, washes and styles women's hair
34. a person whose job is to interview people and to make broadcasts about events in the news
35. a man whose job is to look after cows on a ranch
39. a male member of the police
40. a person who welcomes visitors in a hotel or large office, deals with questions, etc.
43. a person who owns a bank or has an important job in a bank
44. a person whose job is to cut down trees
46. (two words) a person whose job is to help people buy, sell or rent houses and land
47. a person whose job is to decide how things such as clothes, furniture, tools, etc. will look by making drawings, plans, or patterns
50. a person who is trained to perform operations in a hospital
53. a man in a uniform whose job is to stand at the entrance to a building such as a hotel or theatre and open the door for visitors, find them taxis, etc.
55. a person whose job is to train a sportsman or a team
2. a person, whose job is to protect an important person from being attacked
5. a person who dances, especially as their job
9. a person who makes men's outer clothes
11. a person who plays golf, especially as their job
12. a student or a person who has recently got a degree, who works in a job in order to get experience
13. a person who cuts men's hair
15. a person whose job is to look after a group of people who are visiting a place and to give them information about it
18. (two words) a person who works in a shop selling things to customers and helping them to find what they want
19. the political leader of a country, or a person who has the highest position in an organization
21. a person who makes, repairs, or sells jewellery and other objects made of valuable metal and stones
24. a person who writes novels
26. a person who introduces a television or radio programme
27. a person whose job is to test people's sight and to make and sell glasses
30. a person whose job is to treat people who are ill or injured
31. a person whose job is to prepare and sell medicines
32. a person whose job is to look after ill or injured people, usually in a hospital
33. a male teacher who is in charge of a school
36. a person who works on a boat or ship
37. a person whose job is to look after the documents in an office
38. a person who travels around a place that other people do not know much about to find out what is there
41. a person whose job is to make bread, cakes, etc.
42. a person who cooks food in a restaurant as their job
44. a man who brings food and drink to your table in a restaurant of cafe
45. a person who advises people about the law, represents them at court, and writes legal documents
48. a person whose job is to show people where to sit in a cinema or theatre
49. a person who performs music, especially as their job
51. a man whose job is to sell products of a particular company directly to shops
52. a skilled worker who operates a lathe (a machine that holds a piece of wood and turns it round so that you can cut and shape it)
54. a person whose job is to fly an aircraft
56. a person who prepares a book to be published by correcting the text, or a film, radio or television programme by deciding what to include in it
57. a person whose job is to sell food, such as flour, sugar, etc, and other things used in the home, in a small shop
58. a person who makes formal speeches in public
59. a person whose job is to put out fires
60. a person whose job is cutting and selling meat in a shop