Crossword puzzle "Sports 3"
Кроссворд по теме "Спорт 3" предназначен для уроков английского языка в средней и старшей школе.
Задание к кроссворду дано в виде определений. Вы можете составить другие определения, написать перевод спортивных терминов на русском языке, или предложить ученикам картинки с изображениями мест для занятий спортом, спортивных игр и инвентаря. Поскольку кроссворд составлен в текстовом редакторе в виде таблицы, его можно изменить (например, убрать неизвестные учащимся слова или заменить их другими).
Вы можете составить свой кроссворд в зависимости от уровня Ваших учеников, воспользовавшись программами для составления кроссвордов. Подробнее о двух таких программах: EclipseCrossword, Hot Potatoes.
Ещё один кроссворд (посвящённый разным видам спорта) размещён здесь.
- an area of land prepared for racing, golf, or other sports
- a long thin stick with the help of which sportsmen can jump very high
- you need it when you want to shoot an arrow
- to jump into water making skilful movements in the air
- a large area used for sports such as football or grass hockey
- a hockey player holds it in his hands
- an area where some sports are played, such as tennis or squash
- you play tennis or badminton with it
- a large building usually without a roof where people watch sports events
- an organized event where sportsmen try to show that they are better than others and get prizes
- a person who trains a sports player or a team
- clothes of the same colour and fashion showing that sportsmen belong to the same club or country
- a person who is good at such sports as running, jumping, etc.
- a group of teams who regularly play against one another and have similar skills
- a person whose job is to make sure that sportsmen obey the rules
- a large round metal container with two handles given as a prize in a contest
- a long wooden object used for hitting the ball in games such as baseball and cricket
- the structure that you try to get the ball into when you play football, water polo and some other games
- the best achievement so far in a particular sport that sportsmen try to break
- a swimming … is a large structure filled with water
- a round flat piece of rubber that sportsmen hit in ice hockey
- a vehicle with two wheels that sportsmen ride
- people who like watching sports very much
- to defeat everyone else, to show the best results
- the name Americans call football played in Europe
- a skating … is a large area where people skate or play ice hockey
- a large flat surface that shows the points the sportsmen or teams get during a game or sports event
- a person or a team that has won an important sports event
- a hard hat that sportsmen in some kinds of sport wear to protect their heads
- sportsmen hit the ball over it when they play tennis or volleyball
- a group of people who play a sport or a game
- a person in a particular kind of game
- they describe what sportsmen can do and what they mustn't do
- the players in a team game who try to prevent the other team from getting points
- a game between two teams of sportsmen
- a large hall where people go to do physical exercises
- to show worse results than another sportsman or team
- a piece of ground used for racing
- a chance to score a goal without other players trying to take the ball from you, given because an opponent has broken a rule
- a small flat round piece of metal given for showing best results in sports